Thursday, August 25, 2016

Thyroidectomy post-op Week Two

It is very difficult to find something to write about for a two week report because life has completly returned to normal. Normal, except for the 7am Thyroid pill and all the Calcium and vitamins I am taking. Normal except for blood work 2x/week to check my calcium levels. Normal except keeping my neck covered when we go out because the scar is still very noticeable. Except for that? Normal!

At 14 days, the scar looks pretty good and every day I can see it change and improve. My wife says I need to "own my scar", which means looking at it and touching it. I don't look at it much, and rarely examine it. And for whatever reason I haven't touched it, expect a couple of times briefly. I know I need to start massaging it, so, she is right - I still need to "own it".

I am trying to be active on some Thyroidectomy social groups, but I really don't know that much to be very helpful.

Besides that? Life is good and back to normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment