Thursday, August 25, 2016

Post-Op Weight Loss

Not everyone experiences Weight Loss immediately after surgery, but enough people do experience it that it is something to expect. I weighed myself on the morning of the surgery. By day 8, I had lost 12 pounds! I was very happy!

There is more to the story about post-op weight loss. Most people who experience weight loss immediately after surgery report that they gain it all back fairly quickly.

I have been determined to do whatever I reasonably can do to keep those 12 pounds off. To that end, with the assistance of My Fitness Pal, I have been averaging 1800 calories for my 6'4" sedentary frame. I have removed refined sugars, white flower, soda, and anything deep fried. I am eating a lot of salad and taking whole foods whenever possible.

 I have been taking it very easy with exercise - just walking an average 20 minutes per day. I look forward to returning to the gym in four days (just holding off until I feel I am ready).

The results? I am now on Day 17 and since Day 8 I have gained back 1.5 pounds of the 12 I had lost. I am not too disappointed because I know that weight loss with Thyroidectomy often doesn't make any sense, my exercise efforts are still limited, and many other's experience is to regain the weight. But I will keep trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment