Saturday, August 13, 2016

Shaving with an Incision

I wanted to give a male perspective to a Thyroidectomy and what better topic can there be than shaving with an incision?

I am 90 hours post-op, haven't shaved yet, and have grown the start of a good beard. The good news: my incision is pretty low on my neck - well below my beard hair line.

Many people will be looking at my incision and it would look pretty disgusting to have hair growing out of it or around it. I really don't care about vanity but I wanted to get it cleaned up.
My first shave was with an electric shaver. I only got as close to the incision as I felt comfortable (from the picture you can see I didn't get very close). There was no pain, I was just being careful. 

Then I carefully dry shaved with a razor around the Adam's Apple, being careful not to shave-burn the skin.
The end result was certainly not the best shave I have ever had, but it looks better than it did. I am sure that I will be able to get more aggressive with it in the coming days and weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment