Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Post Op 3 Weeks Update

I am three weeks post-op. Life has returned completly to normal except for the following:

1. I am massaging my scar. It is supposed to be 3-4 times per day but usually I am too busy. I do sunscreen it when going outside.

2. I have read that RAI can mess up your teeth. I read recommendations to be in the best oral health possible, so, I am brushing them everytime I think of it - 3 times per day.

3. I am taking a boatload of pills five times per day

4. As part of eating to heal, one meal per day is a salad

5. I get blood drawn twice per week to check calcium levels. This week is an additional draw for the upcoming Endocrine appointment

6. When I leave the house I wear a shirt with a button up collar because the scar is still very red. 

7. I avoid shirts, like t-shirts, that ride close to the neck because they provide irritation after a few hours

I think that is everything I do that is different. Life is normal and the same except for those items. My energy levels are high, I am not tired, my mood is good, and (except for one Friday) I am highly engaged at work. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment