Thursday, August 18, 2016

Surgeon Follow-up Questions

My follow up appointment with the surgeon is on Friday, ten days after the surgery. My greatest fear is that he will stick that camera down my nose and look at my vocal cords. That was very painful last time and I really don't want to experience that again!
My incision looks all crummy due to the glue coming off. They told me not to pick off the glue, so, I haven't touched it. But it looks nasty due to the glue. I hope he will be able to clean it up, or, give me some direction for doing so.

I have assembled the following list of questions that I will be taking with me:


INCISION
- Care for incision? 
- reduce the scar? Massage it? What to keep on it?

RADIATION
- needed?
- who, when, where?

CANCER
Stage? TNM Stage?
Full body scan in the future? When?
Other scans or tests needed? When?
When will I be "cured"?

LYMP NODE BIOPSY
- results? Cancer?
- if cancer, then what?
- spread? To Where? How to find out?

CALCIUM
Is my calcium level ok? Who is watching it?
If I miss a calcium dose, what is the best way to catch up?

OTHER
OK to Drive?
OK to Lift?
Should I get a Medical alert bracelet?
Check IV location - painful
Sore throat - how much longer?
Puffy area under incision OK?
Who will be reading my pathology report?
Who is the best to explain tsh, t4, free t4, etc?
What if a catastrophe happens and I couldn't take thyroid pills. How long before it would be a problem?


I will provide an update tomorrow with many of the answers to these questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment