Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Thyroidectomy Day22 - All the pills

I am taking a massive number of pills throughout the day. To be more accurate, they are mostly vitamins.

If you follow my vlog you know that I use a six position pill cup. The cup has dividers for six different sets of pills.

Thanks to Eatela Ramirez's suggestion in one of the forums, I downloaded an app called Mango Health. Mango Heath tells you when to take a medication, keeps track of what you have taken, and will report any drug interactions.

The most important thing Mango Health told me? Calcium has to be taken at least four hours after taking Thyroid medicine.

Failure to do this can reduce the Thyroid medicine's effectiveness. I had been only waiting 30 minutes and didn't know I was causing problems!

Here is my Feast of Pills for the day

I start the day, 6:30-7:00, with my Thyroid Hormone replacement pill. 

At 9:00 am, I take a bunch of vitamins: c, d, biotine, and a Claritin.

At 11:00 am I take 3.5 calcium pillls, a Calcitriol and Centrum multi vitamin.

Mid afternoon, around 4pm, I take 3.5 more calcium pills.

In the evening, around 9pm,  I take 3.5 more calcium pills with Calcitriol.

I would rather eat this many M&M's instead of vitamins, but, this is life post-Thyroideectomy.







No comments:

Post a Comment