Thursday, April 26, 2018

Veggies for Lunch: Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl

I do not enjoy eating vegetables, but I know I need to get more vegetables into my diet. It can't all be salad, I need to find new and creative solutions. I am exploring a bunch of different options and I'll bring you along with me!



Today we are trying Kashi Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl. It just takes 4.5 minutes in the microwave. The package says the meal has sweet potatoes, black beans, and kale ontop a bed of red quinoa and brown rice with a tomato and tamari sauce. There is also a picture of a green pepper on the package. The entire vegan meal has 270 calories, 12g fiber, and 9g protein and 6g fat.



Fresh out the microwave? It looks like a bowl full of mushed up stuff. I might see a few flakes of kale, but most of the green is coming from green peppers

There is very little flavor in the dish - even the sweet potatoes taste blan. For a guy who doesn't like vegitables? That's awesome! There is a little heat in the dish. I am not sure if the spice is from the pepper or perhaps the sauce. 

As mentioned, there is brown rice in this dish. As I search for a lunchtime vegitable dish, I dont want a lot of starchy rice. The amount of rice is very small and easily lost within the medley... plus, it is brown rice.

Would I buy this again?  YES

No comments:

Post a Comment