Monday, April 23, 2018

Support Group: Cytomel

I scour the support groups for some of the best questions and answers. Everyone's names are removed for privacy. Answers may be summarized and/or edited.

Question: Is anyone taking cytomel and if so what are your thoughts on it ?

Answer:

  • You have to be on synthroid/levo without a thyroid. Cytomel is just t3 medication. If your body /liver properly converts t4 to t3 you don't need it.
  • I was only on it for 1 month then my endo put me back on synthroid. He said that synthroid was better to be on after surgery. I do have more enery being on synthroid.
  • If I take it everyday I get heart palpitations and cannot sleep.
  • My heart rate was too fast and blood pressure went up. 
  • My doc prescribed it while I was waiting for RAI because it’s a short term med that leaves your system pretty quickly unlike levothyroxine.
  • My energy levels were low so the doc added cytomel. So far so good
  • I am on both Levo and Cytomel. I take 5mg of Cytomel twice a day, because it leaves your system quickly. The first few weeks I was on it, I had a ton of energy. It leveled out after that
  • My Dr cut back my dosage my synthroid & added some cytomel. My moods are better & im noticing that i am losing the weight i gained on synthroid alone





Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist, nor personal trainer. Never take medical advice over the internet. Seek the advice of your doctor before following any of the recommendations made during this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment