Monday, April 2, 2018

Support Groups: Symptoms of Recurrent Thyroid Cancer

I scour the support groups for some of the best questions and answers. Everyone's names are removed for privacy. Answers may be summarized and/or edited.

Question: What are the symptoms of recurrent thyroid cancer?

Answers:

  • mostly rising thyroglobulin levels
  • I actually felt mine growing very rapidly in my neck. Total thyroid had been done 5 years earlier
  • I had a pillow like lump close to my collarbones
  • Rising Tg levels unless you also have hasimotos thyroiditis. Then it would be your rising Tg & TgAb levels
  • Mine was just yearly scan. 
  • Both times for me it was rising thyroglobulin levels. The first time like 1.4- next time went to 1.8. Confirmed by sono and CT. Had absolutely no symptoms
  • Raised thyroglobulin. For me it was neck pain, fatigue and problems swallowing again
  • I started noticing raspiness in voice and laugh. 


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, nutritionist, nor personal trainer. Never take medical advice over the internet. Seek the advice of your doctor before following any of the recommendations made during this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment