Thursday, June 30, 2016

Reaction At Work

I decided only to tell three people at work about the Thyroid Cancer: my boss, his boss, and a co-worker. All three work at different offices than I do, so, I made the notification through email and explained the situation, the surgery date, and how much time I might need off.

I received calls from them today. Each was concerned and offered to do anything I needed, which was nice. But then each acted like I was ill and not feeling well. I feel exactly the same as I always have! I really don't want or need pitty. Especially at work where success can be a daily competition and if managers feel you can't do your job, that is very bad. I assured each that I feel great and there was no problem. Of course, that may change after the surgery, but, today - everything is the same as it always has been. 



No comments:

Post a Comment