Saturday, June 25, 2016

Passing time waiting for Surgeon Appointment

The meeting with the surgeon is on Monday. Until that appointment, I have to idea what is going to be happening during the next several weeks. Will I be going on vacation? Will I be having surgery? Will there be many pre-op doctor appointments I have to go to?

Much of our time is distracted trying to figure out what we are going to do with our nonrefundable vacation. Can we get some of the money back? Could we send someone else in our place?

I haven't done a lot of research into Thyroid Cancer these past few days. I did read about a lady's 1.5 year journey. She was very concerned about the scar and wrote a lot about what she did for it - and today you almost can't see it. If fact, you wouldn't see the scar unless you were looking for it. Maybe my thoughts will change, but, I don't really care about the scar. Most of her entries were about on going struggle to get her medicine levels correct. Just when she thought she was doing OK, she got a bad bottle of medicine that caused her to spike. Fixing it caused her levels to drop. Months later, she was still trying to get things fixed.

I found the blog interesting. I also find it interesting that there is almost nothing out there about guys getting a thyroidectomy. Therefore, I hope my blog will help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment