Friday, March 10, 2017

Six Month Endocrine Appointment

Today was my six month (even though it has been seven months) endocrine appointment.

The appointment went very well and I get a gold star. Blood Pressure is good, weight is improving, ultrasound was perfect, and bloodwork is great. I need to do a thyroglobulin blood test. If that goes well? I am good for another six months.

I arrived to the Endocrine department at the hospital and was taken back by a technician. He checked my vitals, he walked me to an examination room. Soon, the Resident Doctor I had been working with arrived. She asked me some questions and did a basic physical (test reflexes, listed to heart and lungs, etc). When the resident was done, the doctor came in. He explained that everything is good, but he would like to increase by dosage just a little to put it into a better part of the range. Some bloodwork was arranged to see where I presently am, and then a dosage decision will be made.

I went with several questions:

Why am I often tired and depressed? Not known, but, they hope that tweaking my medication will help.

Could I be tired due to a iron deficiency? Unlikely, but, she included a blood test for it.

Could so be low in magnesium or other minerals? Magnesium is OK. So long as so am eating well I shouldn't have any problems.

Is there anything more or different I can do for weight loss? No. I am doing it correctly.

Next steps? If hemoglobin is OK, I do not need to return for six months. They will adjust my medicine levels based upon my next blood work.


No comments:

Post a Comment