Thursday, March 9, 2017

6 Month Post Thyroidectomy Ultrasound

Today was my six month post Thyroidectomy (even though it has been seven months) Ultrasound.

The Ultrasound was like all others. I arrived and checked in. The receptionist told me "She is running a little behind", to which I played deaf and joked "What? She has a runner's little behind?"  We both got a laugh out of it.

Soon enough I was called back. I laid on a bed and the Ultrasound technician got to work: first doing the "Thyroid bed" and then doing my entire neck.

It was very relaxing and I could have easily fallen asleep. My eyes were closed and she was massaging my neck with the Ultrasound wand. But then it started bringing back memories of almost a year ago when my Thyroid Cancer journey started. I started remembering what I felt then, and everything I went through after that initial ultrasound. It was honestly a little emotional.

The Ultrasound technician finished. She gave me a towel to wipe the Ultrasound gel off my neck, and then I was done.

I walked back to the car oddly depressed. All those bad memories were fresh again. And now, what if this ultrasound found something just like last year's did? I could be in for another repeat of last year... or worse!

80% of the things we worry about never come true. So it is good to worry about things because doing so increases the chances it won't happen! Nevertheless, it is not good to worry about things that are outside of your control. Whatever that tests says? It says. I just need to put it in God's hands,

No comments:

Post a Comment