Thursday, March 29, 2018

Vegetables for Lunch: Burrito Bowl

I do not enjoy eating vegetables, but I know I need to get more vegetables into my diet. It can't all be salad, I need to find new and creative solutions. I am exploring a bunch of different options and I'll bring you along with me!



Today I am trying the Healthy Choice Simply Steamers Unwrapped Burrito Bowl. It has 270 calories and microwaves in about 4 minutes. After cooking, we mix the contents into a sauce that resides beneath the cooking tray.


The first obvious problem with this dish: there is no green! Vegetables are very stark. The dish is mostly beans and rice. The beans were dry and overcooked. The sauce was very spicy.

Would I try this again?  YES. It should have more vegetables, so, maybe I would dump it over top a salad. And I would try cooking it 3.5 minutes to see if the beans turned out better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment