Monday, September 12, 2016

Thyroglobulin test results

My Thyroglobulin test result arrived the other day. It said I had less than .2!

In addition to the thyroglobulin QN, the Endocronologist also checked to AB, or, Antibodies. Antibodies can skew the results of the QN test. My antibodies were in range: 24 (0-40).

I contacted my Endocronologist to make sure I was interpreting the test results correctly. I received the reply today: That is exactly the result we want. It means that you have no active thyroid tissue in your body. 

Woohoo! That means I probably won't need Radioactive Iodine (RAI) treatment! I have to get one more blood test at the end of the month to compare the results just be to sure.

On the one hand, I am a little sad about not getting RAI because I wanted to report on the experience and I was looking forward to a little time off from work. But on the other hand? Thank you God for possibly sparing me from RAI! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment