Monday, July 11, 2016

Other People's Stories on Thyroidectomy

I am three weeks away from my surgery and haven't thought much about it. I am on vacation and that helps keep my mind off the surgery. I did take some time this afternoon to watch several vLOGs on YouTube. I watched:

MsEllenMelon
Katty Delux 
Monica Sheirich
Marisa Iacobelli
LadyLeopard29https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiBrkzRJRY0

It is interesting to watch the reports because it tells me two things:

(1) Everyone's experience can be different. Just because one person experienced something, it doesn't mean I will

(2) It is reassuring that everyone believes the surgery was OK.

My list of concerns is very small: pain, weight gain, and being out of work for too long. It is always reassuring when I hear positive stories in these areas.

I know that this is something women are more likely to be diagnosed with than men, but I haven't found any vLOGs from men. I don't know if more women really have thyroid problems, or, if just more women are it detected. Perhaps a lot of guys have undiagnosed thyroid cancer or other problems. Or perhaps women are more likely to vLOG about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment