Monday, July 25, 2016

Anesthesiologist Phone Call

My surgery is in two weeks and today I received a call from the Anesthesiologist Nurse. She asked me a lot of questions to make sure there won't be a problem putting me out during the surgery. I told her I have an allergy to bee venom (localized swelling), I have a very slight asthma (use an inhaler a few times per month, but it is minor), and my heart skips several times per week due to over-use of caffeine energy drinks while going to the gym 6 or 7 years ago. The doctor told me the heart skips were nothing to worry about and that I was fine.

She was a little concern about the heart skips and said she would follow-up with my normal doctor to get his notes on the topic. Otherwise, she thought everything was fine. She wished me well for my upcoming surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment