Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Low Calcium Follow Up

In my last post, I described the aftermath of (what I believe to be) food poisoning. Here is the update.

Measuring how tired you are is difficult because it could be attributed to three things: you are tired, you think you are tired, or you medication is off. How can you tell for sure?

Imagine being at the store st someone asks "Are you feeling OK? You look sick!" Even if you were feeling fine before, just that comment will insert doubt, if a second person says the same thing? You will find yourself coming down with illness symptoms. There is some psychological occurring. The same can happen when being tired. If you tell yourself you are tired, or others remind you that you haven't had much sleep? You'll find yourself yawning by 10am.

Another aspect to being tired is having your medication be off. Too many people surviving on thyroid medicine are all too familiar with this.  Months and sometimes years can go by and you'll never snap out of it until the medicine is magically adjusted to an optimum level.

Finally, you might just be really tired. As we age, or levels of energy change. Or perhaps sleep is more restless. Or perhaps there is less of it.

Which ever the case, it can be difficult to self diagnose being tired.

After being sick from food poisoning, I was tired all day long. I could not get enough sleep and often took naps in the afternoon. 14 hours, 10 hours - it didn't matter how much sleep I got.

This lasted for six days, and then passed. It has been almost two weeks since I became sick and I feel great! I am back to seven hours sleep and tons of energy all day long.

But it is concerning. A relatively minor illness could pull be down so far, and it could last for so long. I have never experienced anything like that before. And I am glad it is behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment