Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Celebrity Workouts: Dwayne Johnson

Why can't we all look like a celebrity? You've probably seen a celebrity and was impressed with their physique. When that happens, I like to look at that actor or actress's workout routine. I always say, if you want to look like an athlete? You need to work out like one. The same is true for celebrities.




The 6'5" Dwayne Johnson, known for his amazing physique, is a box office mega star. He started his career in wrestling as The Rock, and has moved on to star in movies such as Fast and Furious, GI Joe, Jumanji, Disney's Moana, Pain& Gain, The Scorpion King, and many more.

Johnson hits the gym six days per week for almost two hours per day. The workout includes a 50 minute cardio session before hitting the weights, working on a different muscle group each day (shoulders, back, legs, arms, and chest). "Working out is my therapy, and it's cheaper than a shrink", Johnson explains. He mixes up dumb bells, cables, barbells, and machines. "I do 4 sets of 12 reps with a 60-90 second rest," he explains.

Johnson consumes 6000 calories per day to fuel his huge body. He eats five to seven meals throughout the day which include a lean protein (Cod or chicken), egg whites, vegetables, white rice, casein protein, and oatmeal. All the meals are measured out and prepackaged according to the goals he is trying to achieve.

"I love training when the sun is coming up because it allows me to put on my headphones and step off the crazy treadmill that is everyone's life. I have my headphones on and I'm listening to my music, and I'm 100 percent focused. There's no wasted time or effort when it comes to me and the weights."

No comments:

Post a Comment