Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January Weight Update

You will hear many people complain about weight gain with a Thyroidectomy, and complain they can't loose weight.

I gained fifty pounds leading up to the surgery. Before you fall out of your chair - I am 6'4", fifty pounds is s lot but not as much as you might think. The gain was mostly poor eating, lack of exercise, increased stress (hey! I have cancer!) and my thyroid doing crazy things to me.

Immediately after surgery I lost 14 pounds, felt great, and was confident I would drop the other 36 pounds.

But then I experienced "the crash" and was tired all the time. I slept instead of exercise, and ate to stay awake. I put back on 13 of those 14 pounds.

I have been forcing myself to the gym as much as my exhaustion can bare it I have lost a pound, which puts me at -2 since surgery.

I wake up in the morning and try to pull myself out of bed, but many mornings I can't. When my Fitbit says I only got 5 or 6 hours of sleep? I can't do it. But even when the fit but says I got 7 or 8 hours it can be difficult.

I read from many people who reported this feeling of exhaustion and I was convinced it would not happen to me, but it did. I remain convinced that if I could exercise regularly I would get more energy, I would therefore eat better, I would therefore loose weight, and I would therefore sleep better and I would return to my Pre-thyroid-problem self. That's my theory and I am not discouraged yet.

Tune back and I will try to provide further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment