Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Sleep and FitBit

I recently saw my primary doctor and complained of symptoms of hypothyroidism: tired, low energy, and irritability. He told me my thyroid levels were fine and suggested I needed a sleep study. The sleep study is scheduled for March.

I wore my fitbit to bed for the first time last night. I was in bed for 9 hours, 13 minutes (that may seem like a long sleep, but, I have found more sleep fights brain fog). Slept 8 hours, 28 minutes. Restless 41 minutes, awake 6 minutes, and had a 92% sleep efficiency. This isn't the same thing as a full sleep study, however, it is reassuring that the number doesn't indicate anything bad!

I am looking forward to seeing what the sleep efficiency becomes when averaged over a period of time instead of just one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment