Monday, August 8, 2016

Thyroidectomy: What To Take To The Hospital

My thyroidectomy is tomorrow so tonight I am packing my hospital bag:

Notepad
Pens
iPhone
Charging cable
Headphones (earbuds) 
Neck pillow (C shaped pillow)
Socks
Underwater
Pajama bottoms
Picture ID
Hand sanatizer
Ear plugs
Sleep mask

What I am not taking:
Jewelry (including wedding ring)
Wallet
Everything that is not completely necessary

Anything you take to the hospital can be stolen, so, taking a cell phone is "at your own risk".

I have read that some people will take their favorite pillow, bath robe, slippers, hard candy/throat lozenges, heating pad/warm packs, and a magazine.

My wife will be taking me and staying at the hospital all day, so, she needs to take enough things to occupy her. In addition to her giant purse, notepad, pens, iPhone, iPod, headphones, cash for the vending machine,  snacks, water, book, calendar, asprine, wallet, keys, sweater, and more.

My wife fashioned what she is going to look like in the waiting room with her giant purse, her bag, and my bag - it looked like she was moving in for a week!  


No comments:

Post a Comment